Guide to AEW Rampage Grand Slam: 9/24/21
2021.09.24 20:31 mugenhunt Guide to AEW Rampage Grand Slam: 9/24/21
This week, AEW is doing a massive PPV-level event on TV.
The first half of AEW Grand Slam was on AEW Dynamite on Wednesday.
The second half of AEW Grand Slam will be on AEW Rampage tonight, Friday, 10 PM Eastern on a special two-hour edition. (Normally Rampage is just one hour.) It airs on TNT in the US, streams on the TSN website in Canada, uncertain about Latin America, and streams on Fite.tv pretty much everywhere else.
Because it got taped after Dynamite on Wednesday, there are spoilers out there for tonight's episode. Be warned.
AEW made a great recap video, Road to Grand Slam, 25 minutes that recaps pretty much everything.
There’s a heel tunnel and a face tunnel. Usually the good guys come out of the right tunnel, and the bad guys come out of the left tunnel.
Unless there is some ridiculously amazing huge debut tonight, this will be my last regular Guide To AEW for a while, but I will continue to do them for PPVs and special episodes. Love you guys, but these are a lot of time that I need to focus on other things.
Last time, on AEW Dynamite, the first half of Grand Slam...
Tonight, on AEW Rampage, the second half of Grand Slam... Lucha Brothers and Santana and Ortiz vs Private Party and the Butcher and the Blade
- The Lucha Bros are the AEW Tag Team Champions (and also the AAA Tag Team Champions.) They're the best luchador tag-team in the world. Rey Fenix is THE best high-flier in the world. Penta El Zero Miedo will break your arm, when he's not spamming his "CERO MIEDO" (Zero Fear) taunt.
- Santana and Ortiz are “Proud and Powerful”, who grew up on the tough streets of New York City. They’re also part of Chris Jericho’s Inner Circle.
- The Butcher and the Blade are bad guys from out of some trashy 80s action film. Butchers by day, mercenary wrestlers by night. The Bunny is their valet/partner.
- Private Party, Marq Quen (cool hair) and Isiah Kassidy (normal hair) love to party, use ruthless tactics, and give 30% of all their income to their mentor, Matt Hardy.
- “Big Money” Matt Hardy is a jerk who feels that the wrestling industry has used and abused him over the years, and now he’ll return the favor.
The Lucha Bros and Butcher and the Blade used to be allies, in a faction run by Eddie Kingston before they broke away since Kingston was playing favorites and placing Rey Fenix and his brother Penta el Zero Miedo against each other. Now, the Lucha Bros are AEW Tag Champs, having recently beaten the Young Bucks at All Out.
The Lucha Bros and Santana and Ortiz were fierce rivals back in Impact Wrestling, but are allied for the time being.
Recently on AEW Dynamite, the Lucha Bros declared that as the new AEW Tag Champions, they were ready to defend those titles.
Last week on AEW Dynamite, the Lucha Bros and the Butcher and the Blade prepared for war.
Last week on AEW Rampage, the Lucha Bros defended their titles, but got assaulted post match by the Hardy Family Office.
tl;dr - Luchadores and street fighters versus mercenaries and party dudes. Men of the Year (Scorpio Sky and All Ego Ethan Page) with Dan Lambert vs Chris Jericho and Jake Hager
- Men of the Year are the team of Scorpio Sky and All Ego Ethan Page, who are smug assholes who pat each other on the back and talk about how good looking they are.
- Dan Lambert is an MMA coach who hates AEW, but has decided that Men of the Year are worth managing for reasons?
- Chris Jericho is “Le Champion”, an aging rockstar, and leader of the Inner Circle.
- Jake Hager is like the silent protagonist of some action game who is just there to kick ass and look cool. Also part of the Inner Circle.
Last week, on AEW Dynamite, Dan Lambert cut a promo about how no one in AEW is man enough or tough enough to beat Men of the Year.
Chris Jericho showed up and answered the call. Jake Hager was also there.
This week, Men of the Year did a promo package as part of the Road To Grand Slam.
Then on AEW Dynamite, Chris Jericho cut a promo against the Men of the Year.
(Jake Hager really seems very uncomfortable and it makes me sad for him. )
I dunno, this angle really isn’t doing anything for me.
tl;dr - Smug metrosexuals and diet Jim Cornette versus arrogant wannabe rock-n-roll-bikers? Powerhouse Hobbs with Hook vs CM Punk
- Powerhouse Hobbs is part of Team Taz. He’s mean, with nasty smirk on his face,
- Hook is Taz’s son who has yet to wrestle a match, but looks cool. He’s a meme.
- CM Punk likes Pepsi, his dog, and pro-wrestling.
Taz is a jerk, and got upset that CM Punk had been doing interviews talking about how much he wanted to face Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs, and for some reason that set him off
Last week on AEW Dynamite, Taz got upset that CM Punk was now stealing his role as an AEW commentator, and had Powerhouse Hobbs attack him.
Then, on AEW Rampage, we got to see Powerhouse Hobbs’ words to CM Punk after that incident.
And on AEW Dynamite, as listed above, CM Punk cut a promo.
tl;dr - Hobbs is mean and big. CM Punk isn’t. They will fight. Anna Jay vs Penelope Ford
- Anna Jay, the “Queenslayer” is part of the Dark Order, but also best friends with Tay Conti.
- Tay Conti will smile and dance after using judo moves to kick your ass.
- “Superbad’ Penelope Ford is mean and acrobatic. She’s best friends with The Bunny.
- The Bunny is loud, crazy and cruel. She’s also partners with The Butcher and the Blade.
Last month on AEW Rampage, Penelope Ford helped the Bunny cheat and beat Tay Conti.
Then, earlier this month on AEW Dynamite, Anna Jay returned to rescue her friend Tay Conti from Penelope Ford and The Bunny.
Last week on AEW Dark, Bunny attacked Anna Jay after a match
, but Tay Conti came to the rescue.
Last week on AEW Rampage, Anna Jay beat the Bunny, but Penelope Ford helped get revenge for her teammate after the match.
tl;dr - The kinda aggressive hero versus the very aggressive villain. Super Kliq (Adam Cole and the Young Bucks) versus Christian Cage and Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus) with Marko Stunt
- Adam Cole recently debuted at AEW. He’s the newest member of the Elite, a bunch of jerks who think they’re the best in the world.
- The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) are masters of acrobatic moves, founding members of the Elite, who wear fancy outfits and expensive shoes to brag about how rich they are.
- Christian Cage returned to wrestling after an absence to cement his legacy as one of the best of all time. He’s become buddies with…
- Jurassic Express, the team of Jungle Boy (Tarzan with better hair) and Luchasaurus (tall dinosaur man).
- Marko Stunt is the third member of the team, he’s small but has a big heart.
Christian Cage and Jurassic Express took on the Elite, going after Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks.
Recently on AEW Dynamite, Adam Cole gave a speech.
Then, Bryan Danielson interrupted it
. Chaos ensued.
At AEW Rampage, Adam Cole and Bryan Danielson both did interviews about their future plans.
On Road to AEW Dynamite, New Jersey, Bryan Danielson gave another interview, then Adam Cole cut a promo against Frankie Kazarian.
Last week, after defeating “The Elite Hunter” Frankie Kazarian, Adam Cole called out Christian Cage and Jurassic Express.
Then, Christian Cage accepted the challenge.
This week, on Road to Grand Slam, Adam Cole cut a promo about the match.
Tl;dr - Mean jerks versus a Boy and his Dinosaur and his Mentor. Eddie Kingston and Jon Moxley vs Lance Archer and Minoru Suzuki (Unsanctioned Lights Out Match)
- Jon Moxley is a miserable son of a bitch who loves violence.
- Eddie Kingston is his tough buddy from New York who can talk his way out of anything.
- Minoru Suzuki is a badass from New Japan Pro Wrestling. We call him "Murder Grandpa."
- "The Murderhawk Monster" Lance Archer used to train with and work alongside Suzuki back in NJPW as part of his faction, Suzuki-gun.
Minoru Suzuki made a surprise debut at All Out, attacking Jon Moxley after he had already finished a match against Satoshi Kojima.
But when Suzuki came to Dynamite for a match against Moxley, his theme song “Kaze ni Nare” was cut short just before it got to the cool part where the entire crowd chants along with the finale. Suzuki lost, but wants a rematch
Last Week on AEW Dynamite, Suzuki and Archer confronted Moxley and Eddie Kingston after their match with 2point0.
This week, on the Road To Grand Slam, we saw what happened after the show ended.
Tl;dr - EVERYBODY DIES. Other AEW storylines
- TNT Champion Miro defeated Fuego Del Sol in a rematch, but Fuego's friend Sammy Guevara came out to challenge Miro for the title.
- The Gunn Club, suddenly bad guys now, explained that they're bad now because no one respects their undefeated record. (That's because they've faced nothing but jobbers for months...)
- Brian Cage was kicked out of Team Taz and wants revenge against his former ally "Absolute" Ricky Starks in a storyline that is taking forever and no one really cares about.
- Legit Leyla Hirsch sadly lost to "That Bitch" Jade Cargill.
- Joey Janela betrayed his former tag partner Sonny Kiss, and now has a big buff female bodyguard, Kayla Rossi. Now Sonny is pissed, and faced him on Dark in a really cool match.
- Big Swole beat Diamante and is ready to move on, but Diamante says it's not ever going to be over.
- Also, FTR beat up high-fliers Matt Sydal and Dante Martin.
- Andrade El Idolo is pissed that Chavo Guerrero cheated on his behalf to let him beat PAC. He's also pissed at his assistant Jose for listening to Chavo in the first place.
- Matt Hardy wants to cut off Orange Cassidy's hair to get revenge on Orange Cassidy breaking his nose in a recent match. Then, he attacked a fan dressed as Orange Cassidy because Matt Hardy is a jerk.
- TNT Champion Miro literally redeemed Eddie Kingston's nuts by a low blow at All Out, and now Eddie Kingston wants revenge.
- The Dark Order are not fine. Now, after a loss to the Pinnacle, they're continuing to fight each other because they can't get along anymore. It's really sad, and even a returning Anna Jay (with her friend Tay Conti, not a Dark Order member) can't do anything about it. The team is falling apart.
- The Proud and Powerful team of Santana and Ortiz are ready to challenge any other tag team so they can rise to the top and get the titles.
- Where's Hangman? He's been MIA after receiving a massive beatdown by the Elite. The Dark Order civil war is due to them disagreeing about how they should have handled that, but he's still missing. One day, our sad yeehaw man will return...
submitted by mugenhunt
to AEWOfficial [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 Imaginary-Pay-8397 🚨 $MAKA Finance Launching NOW | Earn passive rewards BUSD | Auto invest your rewards for compounded rewards | US Based Team | Liquidity Locked
🔎 MAKA is a community-driven evolution of yield-generating contracts on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). Just by holding MAKA Tokens you automatically generate passive income which can be paid out in your choice of BUSD
You also have the ability to automatically reinvest your passive rewards in order to compound your earnings. Rewards distributions occur every 24 hours.
💥 The MAKA token has three functions that occur during each trade: Reflection, LP Acquisition, and a Buyback. The token contract employs a static rewards system utilizing 10% of every transaction.
👉🏼7% redistributed to holders
👉🏼 2% is used to fuel the liquidity pool exchange growth
👉🏼 2% extra sell fee is used to give more stability to the token over swing traders
👉🏼 The contract will periodically buy back and burn MAKA tokens
🐳 The transaction limit has been set at 1% of total supply. This discourages holders with a large number of tokens from having a substantial impact on the price.
BUY NOW : https://pancakeswap.finance/swap?outputCurrency=0xed1a2bef0578e8acf7c80ee0ecb0332ca61b88a4
Renounced Ownership: https://bscscan.com/token/0xed1a2bef0578e8acf7c80ee0ecb0332ca61b88a4#readContract
LP LOCKED: https://deeplock.io/lock/0xF9DA79eB0A160A51e5a3c154E5E42551bB842A71
submitted by Imaginary-Pay-8397 to CryptoMarsShots [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 franklinator2000 otis is a wizard
2021.09.24 20:31 Dry_Interaction_5750 Corrupted Blixer and Corrupted Barracuda!
2021.09.24 20:31 Necrokitty99 I'd rather die standing than live kneeling.
2021.09.24 20:31 kizfpv Kiz - IGOW3 Week #12 - NewBeeDrone Inverted Orbits - the W is for WarioWare
2021.09.24 20:31 This_Money8771 Rick Ross Hype Type Beat - "Save Yourself" | Type Beat 2021 | Rap Trap Beats Freestyle
2021.09.24 20:31 WrongAnswerPal WTS / WTT size Large, need an XL. 😭
2021.09.24 20:31 SnipeYaMoms You guys ever think the reason why yb team is so bad is because his team is honestly filled with his homies like there hood niggas just like him he doesnt really have any professional people around him like that, idk just a thought
submitted by SnipeYaMoms to NBAYoungboy [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 JournalistBest7310 [US] [SELL] Ebb To Street Tank. Grey Sage. Size 2. $60 Shipped PP/FF.
2021.09.24 20:31 ARREST_HILLARY_NOW And Then They Came For Chris Cuomo...
2021.09.24 20:31 slydash Üni için hangi belgeler gerekli
Kyk ve okulun kaydını internetten yaptım. Kyk parasını yatırdım, okula gittiğimde yanımda olması gereken belge falan var mı?
submitted by slydash to KGBTR [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 DedHorsSaloon Made a superhero TV show tierlist based on the only criteria that matters
2021.09.24 20:31 Aridagoat How often do you see this behavior after breaking up?
Someone gets dumped and the dumpee immediately gets with someone and start posting pics with him/her all over social media
submitted by Aridagoat to askgaybros [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 LtzLunnarrar 4-6 Days since I'm bored
2021.09.24 20:31 RealCanadianDragon Number porting issue?
I ported my number over from my old carrier to Freedom, but it's been a horrible experience so far.
Not only did it take forever, but as of now, I don't have a number.
They started the porting process, and gave me a temp freedom number. After everything, the temp number was still on my account page.
Eventually my ported number showed up on my account page, but I was told in order for it to show up on my phone (instead of the temp number showing up right now) that I must pay to activate my plan.
So I did all that, and my number still doesn't work, and when someone calls me it says the number isn't in service. I contacted them again and they said they'll escalate it, but now I'm going to be going at least a day with 0 cell service.
Any ideas what else to do here? Feels like I've been duped into spending all that money on my plan, only to not get it, and have for the time being lost access to my number.
submitted by RealCanadianDragon to freedommobile [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 overlordmasterzargon [PS4] H: B2525 BE25 Fixers Marine AP Sent Armor Sets W: looking for bundle legacy offers PS4
2021.09.24 20:31 gewer123 What is your biggest fear?
submitted by gewer123 to AskReddit [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 ChiefBoasting Madison Ginley Her new video shows off her sexy round butt I got goosebumps when I saw it
2021.09.24 20:31 thelofidragon Get Swaggie - The Lofi Dragon
submitted by thelofidragon to shareyourmusic [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 ARREST_HILLARY_NOW Insider footage of Republican in-fighting following the farcical Arizona "audit"
2021.09.24 20:31 i_hate_people_too hahaha wow...
submitted by i_hate_people_too to Unexpected [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 CaptainPlummet Nostalgic people of Reddit, what’s a childhood show you rewatched and realized it’s actually not that good?
submitted by CaptainPlummet to AskReddit [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 Ok-Effective-8242 I got the tiny meat gang live in space link. price : $2 (PayPal) DM me, it's 2 hours and 45 min long. Message me.
submitted by Ok-Effective-8242 to noelmiller [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 20:31 Friesbitch Ctrl + H